Sunday, April 8, 2012

Lent Is Over!!!!

After 6 weeks and 5 days Lent is finally over! Still as tradition since I was younger I gave up sweets (every form including mints), chocolate (in any form... not even hot chocolate drink was allowed), and fizzy drinks (coke, 7up etc...)

It feels impossible at first because you would be surprised how often someone offers you sweets or chocolate in 47 days! But after a few weeks it gets much easier! :) Delighted I managed to complete another Lent of giving up things I usually enjoy so much.

Wikipedia says we do Lent because: "many of the faithful commit to fasting or giving up certain types of luxuries as a form of penitence." Personally not feeling much 'penitence' I do it anyway! And I think it would take more than 47 days of avoiding luxuries to undo all my sins :D

Anyway, now when I can finally have my little luxuries back I am going to enjoy every minute of it!


Fizzy Orange, Aero Bubbly Mousse Desert, Chunky Chocolate Chip and Raisin Cadbury's Cookies, Cadbury's Milk Chocolate Buttons, Cream Eggs, Mini Chocolate Chickens, Mini Chocolate Eggs, and finally... Starbars! (My favourite)!

GET IN MY BELLY!!!


Bring on the sugar rush!!!!



2 comments:

  1. Wow, what a lot of sugary stuff, did I really send all that stuff to you? Ah well! Enjoy it in moderation, not all at one please! Happy Easter Gracie love Mam x :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go team grace! My lent finishes when you come home! Cos I gave up you he he happy Easter! Love ur blog!

    ReplyDelete